Medical Officer Collaborative
At the request of members, the Washington State Medical Association (WSMA) and the Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) have created a forum for medical leadership from across the state to collaborate on important topics of quality and leadership. The Medical Officer Collaborative offers members the opportunity to connect with other medical leaders to share experiences and work to improve practices. Learn more.
The Collaborative meets three times each year and also communicates between meetings via an email listserv. The events and listserv include medical officers from health systems, hospitals, and large medical groups in Washington state. To receive event invitations and be added to the listserv , please send your full contact information to: email@example.com.
Call to Action
The Medical Officer Collaborative offers the necessary opportunity for physician leaders from hospitals and medical groups to work collaboratively to improve care and make Washington known for its patient safety achievements. The Medical Officers of Washington state collaborate on agreed upon Call to Action initiatives, which are health care quality and safety initiatives that will improve patient lives and healthcare delivery. The medical officers participate in work groups comprised of several organizations and associations, developing statewide strategies and implementation plans. Learn more.
CMO Advisory Group
The CMO Advisory Group oversees the WSHA and WSMA Medical Officer Collaborative. They meet regularly to establish and monitor the collaborative’s Calls to Action, set the agenda for upcoming safe table sessions, and vote on leadership. Members include:
- Alka Atal-Barrio, MD – Optum Washington
- Daniel Getz, DO – Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Richard Goss, MD – UW Medicine
- Kent Hu, MD – Optum
- Sudhakar Karlapudi, MD – PeaceHealth
- Scott Kennedy, MD – Olympic Medical Center
- Jason Lake, MD – Confluence Health
- Tom Miller, MD – Overlake Medical Center
- Kim Moore, MD – Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
- Ettore Palazzo, MD – EvergreenHealth
- Kevin Pieper, MD – Providence
- Donna Smith, MD – Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
- Tom Staiger, MD – UW Medicine
- Rachel Thompson, MD – Snoqualmie Valley Hospital
- Anne Marie Wong, MD – Harbor Regional Health