Safe Table Learning Collaborative for Medical Officers
We are pleased to announce a new meeting format for the remainder of 2020. Instead of in-person full-day events, we’ll hold 2-hour virtual sessions every other month.
- Friday, July 31, 2020 from 1–3 p.m. Register
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020 from 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Register
- Monday, November 30, 2020 from 1–3 p.m. Register
Please note that the in-person event scheduled for September 25, 2020 in Spokane is cancelled.
Friday, July 31, 2020
|1 p.m.||Cultural Agility: Creating Sustained Systemic Change in Health Care
Bryon Lambert, Equity and Inclusion Program Director, Cross Cultural Health Care Program
|2:30 p.m.||Health Equity Advocacy and Legislative Efforts
Sean Graham, Washington State Medical Association
Zosia Stanley, Washington State Hospital Association
|2:45 p.m.||REaL Data
Scott Kennedy, MD, Chair-Elect, Medical Officer Collaborative and Chief Medical Officer, Olympic Medical Center
- Discuss the current state of health inequity; describe how the systems we have created negatively impact patient care; and outline strategies to create lasting change within health care organizations.
- Outline potential policy and legislative efforts to improve health equity.
- Describe the need for reliable REaL data and discuss how it is foundational for health equity work.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Washington State Medical Association (WSMA) and Washington State Hospital Association. The WSMA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The WSMA designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria for up to 2.0 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the re-licensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.